You’re invited to a spine surgery meeting like no other. The State of Spine Surgery Think Tank is not your typical “lectures and exhibits” meeting. In fact, it is refreshingly different. The program is light on lectures, but heavy on lively discussion. It’s your chance to ask the questions that you care about, and to present your own insights. The topics focus on the here and now, rather than on academic research that might be relevant in 10 years. How can you adapt to changes in healthcare? Which new technologies and techniques merit your attention? What tips can improve your outcomes?
CHAIRMAN: Frank Phillips, MD | CO-CHAIRS: Todd Albert, MD and Alex Vaccaro, MD
The State of Spine Surgery Think Tank is refreshingly different:
- The program is light on lectures, but heavy on lively discussion. It’s your chance to ask the questions that you care about, and to present your own insights.
- The topics focus on the here and now, rather than on academic research that might be relevant in 10 years. How can you adapt to changes in healthcare? Which new technologies and techniques merit your attention? What tips can improve your outcomes?
- The meeting creates remarkable camaraderie among participants, including surgeons, and leaders from device companies and healthcare systems.
Combine all of the above with the exceptional JW Marriott Resort in Cabo, and we’re confident that you’ll find it to be an outstanding event.
We hope that you’ll join us.
Frank Phillips, MD
Todd Albert, MD
Alex Vaccaro, MD, PhD
NEW THIS YEAR—STATE OF SPINE SURGERY: INVESTMENT AND INNOVATION SUMMIT
The conference aims to unite promising early stage spine companies with top investment firms and corporate business development executives.
- This is your opportunity to hear from leading bankers, VCs, and business development experts regarding how they identify the best investment opportunities in the field of spine surgery.
- Plus, you’ll hear from C-suite executives and Board Members from six of the most innovative and disruptive spine companies, each of which is seeking to raise capital.
- No other program offers such access to investment experts and leaders of emerging companies, all packed into a 4-hour Summit.
2:15 pm: Welcome | Moderators: F. Phillips, MD, Gary Stevenson
2:20 pm: Lecture: Financing and the M&A Environment for Spine Companies
2:40 pm: Presentations by six early-stage companies seeking investment to grow
5:25 pm: Investor Roundtable Discussion
6–6:45 pm: Wine and Cheese Reception
Program schedule, content, and faculty subject to change
Christopher Shaffrey, MD
Investment Summit Co-Chairs
Frank Phillips, MD
Co-Founder and Managing Partner
MB Venture Partners
- Scott Becker | Publisher, Becker’s ASC Review
- Roger Strode | Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Robin Young | Publisher, Orthopedics This Week & Orthopedic Recruiter
The luxurious JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, features:
- Cutting edge resort by world-renowned architect Jim Olsen
- Beachfront location where the Sea of Cortez meets the Pacific Ocean
- Luxury spa facilities and golf course
- Wide range of culinary options